Our CODE OF ETHICS
“I and anyone associated with Violin Works whole heartedly embrace and promote the AFVBM Code Of Ethics.”
AFVBM CODE OF ETHICS
The conduct toward which members of the American Federation of Violin and Bow Makers, Inc. shall strive is outlined in the following general principles.
- 1. Professional Standards. A member of the Federation shall maintain universally high technical standards and strive constantly to improve his or her competence and the quality of his or her services.
- 2. Objectivity and Integrity. A member of the Federation shall maintain his or her objectivity and integrity and be independent of those he or she serves. Objectivity refers to the ability of maintaining an impartial attitude to all matters under review. Integrity is an element of character which is fundamental to a client's reliance on a member of the Federation. While neither of these qualities is precisely measurable, the profession holds them up to members as essential through rules embodied in the Principles of Professional Conduct.
- 3. Responsibility to Clients. A member of the Federation will be fair and candid with his or her clients and serve them to the best of his or her ability. He or she must show professional concern for their best interests in complement with his or her responsibilities to the public.
- 4. Responsibility to Colleagues. A member of the Federation shall conduct himself or herself in a manner which will encourage cooperation and good relations among members of the profession.
- 5. Other Responsibilities. A member of the Federation shall conduct himself or herself in a manner which will enhance the stature and respect of the profession and its ability to serve t he musical community and the general public.
Related article on Teachers Commisions HERE